Graduate School of Horticulture
Born in Osaka in 1960fs
BSc, MSc and PhD from Kagoshima University, Japan
PostDoc at NFRI, Tsukuba, Japan and USDA-ARS-WRRC, Albany, CA
Faculty at Kurashiki-Sakuyo University, Kurashiki, Japan
Faculty at Chiba University, Japan from 2005
2014.2 Guest Editor, Food Chemistry
2014.9 Technical board member, CIGR Section VI
1) Yukiharu Ogawa, Quality Evaluation of Rice. In gComputer Vision Technology for Food Quality Evaluationh Ed., Da-Wen Sun, Elsevier Ltd., pp. 377-400 (2008).
1) Masatsugu Tamura, Jaspreet Singh, Lovedeep Kaur, Yukiharu Ogawa, Evaluation of digestibility of cooked rice grain using in vitro digestion technique, CIGR Journal, in press.
2) Yukiharu Ogawa, Motoki Matsuura and Nami Yamamoto, Youngfs modulus and Poissonfs ratio changes in Japanese radish and carrot root tissues during boiling, International Journal of Food Properties, 18, 1006-1013, 2015.
3) Masatsugu Tamura, Takaaki Oshima, Mariko Hanaki, Yukiharu Ogawa, Examination of storage behavior for fresh spinach leaf placed on AC high voltage electrode during cold storage, Eco-Engineering, 26(4), 119-125, 2014.
4) Masatsugu Tamura, Takumi Nagai, Yasuyuki Hidaka, Takahiro Noda, Mio Yokoe, Yukiharu Ogawa, Changes in non-waxy japonica rice grain textural-related properties during cooking, Journal of Food Quality, 37, 177-184, 2014. (10.1111/jfq.12085)
5) Masatsugu Tamura, Takumi Nagai, Yasuyuki Hidaka, Takahiro Noda, Mio Yokoe, Yukiharu Ogawa, Changes in histological tissue structure and textural characteristics of rice grain during cooking process, Food Structure, 1(2), 164-170, 2014. (10.1016/j.foostr.2013.10.003)
6) Motoi Sekine, Yukiharu Ogawa, Nobuhiro Matsuoka and Yoshiya Izumi, Pilot-scale processing with alkaline pulping and enzymatic saccharification for bioethanol production from rice straw, Energy Science & Engineering, 2(1), 39-45, 2014. (10.1002/ese3.28)
7) Motoi Sekine, Yukiharu Ogawa and Nobuhiro Matsuoka, Examination of storage behavior and alkaline digestibility of rice straw as bioethanol resource, Journal of Japanese Society of Agricultural Technology Management, 20(4), 119-125, 2014.
8) Motoi Sekine, Yukiharu Ogawa and Nobuhiro Matsuoka, Effect of tedding-less operation during sun drying on rice straw property for bioethanol production, Japanese Journal of Farm Work Research, 49(1), 37-44, 2014.
9) Masatsugu Tamura, Chisato Kumagai and Yukiharu Ogawa Relationships between histological tissue structure of cooked rice grain with various milling degrees and its digestibility during in vitro digestion, Journal of the Japanese Society of Taste Technology, 12(2), 30-36, 2013.
10) Yusuke Suzuki, Keiko Ishikaw, Shinjiro Shiomi, Nami Yamamoto, Lam Van Man and Yukiharu Ogawa, Effect of low O2 and high CO2 atmosphere on residual ascorbic acid rate, brix percentage and firmness of immature and mature fresh-cut bell peppers during cold storage, Journal of Japanese Society of Agricultural Technology Management, 20(2), 53-58, 2013.
11) Takumi Nagai, Masatsugu Tamura, Yasuyuki Hidaka, Takahiro Noda, Mio Yokoe and Yukiharu Ogawa, Relationships between physicochemical properties of rice grain and apparent viscosity of cooking water, Journal of the Japanese Society of Taste Technology, 12(1), 4-9, 2013.
12) Yukiharu Ogawa, Akiko Miyazawa, Nami Yamamoto and Akira Suzuki, Compression properties of the fruit body of king oyster mushroom Pleurotus eryngii, International Journal of Food Science and Technology, 47(12), 2487-2492, 2012. (10.1111/j.1365-2621.2012.3126_tr.x)
13) Masatsugu Tamura and Yukiharu Ogawa, Visualization of the coated layer at the surface of rice grain cooked with varying amounts of cooking water, Journal of Cereal Science, 56(2), 404-409, 2012. (10.1016/j.jcs.2012.06.002)
14) Takaaki Oshima, Tamura Masatugu, Ayumi Isaka and Yukiharu Ogawa, Changes in reducing sugar, amylose and protein content of rice grain during model cooking, Journal of the Japanese Society of Taste Technology, 11(2), 22-28, 2012.
15) Yukiharu Ogawa, Kosuke Yoneoka, Masatsugu Tamura and Nami Yamamoto, Mechanical and histological properties of cooked rice grain cooked with gradual amount of added water, Journal of the Japanese Society of Taste Technology, 11(1), 44-50, 2012.
16) Yukiharu Ogawa, Satoshi Taguchi and Nami Yamamoto, Uniaxial compression and structural deformation of fermented soybean seed, Journal of Texture Studies, 42, 435-440, 2011. (10.1111/j.1745-4603.2011.00304.x)
17) Noriyuki Asanome, Mitsuru Hachiya, Tsuneyoshi Goto, Toru Nakamura, Yukiharu Ogawa, Yoshimasa Tsujii and Katsumi Takano, Evaluation system for freshness of rice using a fluorescence imaging method with ultraviolet-light excitation (part 2) -Relation analysis of lipid oxidation and fluorescence intensity changes in rice-, Journal of the Japanese Society of Agricultural Machinery, 73(4), 263-270, 2011.
18) Motoki Matsuura, Akio Tagawa and Yukiharu Ogawa, Evaluation of elastic properties for tissue of agricultural products by means of digital imaging assisted method -Measurement of Poissonfs ratio for a tissue of boiled Japanese radish and carrot-, HortResearch, 65, 55-59, 2011.
19) Masatsugu Tamura, Yukiharu Ogawa and Noriaki Ikawa, Evaluation of physical properties for black chocolate, HortResearch, 64, 19-23, 2010.
20) Yukiharu Ogawa, Rikako Ueda, Akio Tagawa, Takahiro Noda and Yasuyuki Hidaka, Estimation of particle size distribution for milled products of rice husk, The Journal of the Society of Agricultural Structures, Japan, 40(4), 265-271, 2010.
21) Yukiharu Ogawa, Satoshi Taguchi, Nami Yamamoto and Akio Tagawa, Changes in mechanical and microscopic properties of a soybean seed during experimental natto making process, Japan Journal of Food Engineering, 9(3), 151-156, 2008.
22) Jun Shizuka, Yukiharu Ogawa and Akio Tagawa, Effects of freezing and thawing on the physical and electrical properties of dehydrated radish, Journal of the Japanese Society for Food Science and Technology, 55(4), 158-163, 2008.
23) Long Wu, Yukiharu Ogawa and Akio Tagawa, Electrical impedance spectroscopy analysis of eggplant pulp tissue and effects of drying and freezing-thawing processes on its impedance characteristics, Journal of Food Engineering, 87, 274-280, 2008.
24) Long Wu, Takahiro Orikasa, Yukiharu Ogawa and Akio Tagawa, Vacuum drying characteristics of eggplants, Journal of Food Engineering, 83, 422-429, 2007.
25) Takahiro Orikasa, Akio Tagawa and Yukiharu Ogawa, Water absorption characteristics of dried tomato and surface softening of samples during soaking, Journal of the Japanese Society for Food Science and Technology, 53(9), 522-525, 2006.
26) Yukiharu Ogawa, Delilah F. Wood, Linda C. Whitehand, William J. Orts and Gregory M. Glenn, Compression deformation and structural relationships of medium grain cooked rice, Cereal Chemistry, 83(6), 636-640, 2006.
27) Taizo Nagasuna, Akio Tagawa, Yukiharu Ogawa and Mitsuo Iimoto, Water absorption rate and volume change during soaking for adzuki beans and soybeans, Journal of the Japanese Society for Food Science and Technology, 52(12), 566-571, 2005.
28) Takahiro Orikasa, Akio Tagawa, Shinya Soma, Mitsuo Iimoto and Yukiharu Ogawa, Hot air drying characteristics of fruits and vegetables and surface hardening of samples during drying, Journal of the Japanese Society of Agricultural Machinery, 67(6), 62-70, 2005.
29) Yukiharu Ogawa, Delilah F. Wood, William J. Orts, Gregory M. Glenn, Kazunari Miyashita, Mizuki Tsuta and Junichi Sugiyama, Observation method for the histological structure of cooked rice kernels using adhesive tape, Journal of the Japanese Society for Food Science and Technology, 50(7), 319-323, 2003.
30) Yukiharu Ogawa, Kazunari Miyashita, Hiroshi Shimizu and Junichi Sugiyama, Three-dimensional internal structure of a soybean seed by observation of autofluorescence of sequential sections, Journal of the Japanese Society for Food Science and Technology, 50(5), 213-217, 2003.
31) Yukiharu Ogawa, Gregory M. Glenn, William J. Orts and Delilah F. Wood, Histological structures of cooked rice grain, Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 51(24), 7019-7023, 2003.
32) Yukiharu Ogawa, William J. Orts, Gregory M. Glenn and Delilah F. Wood, A simple method for studying whole sections of rice grain, Biotechnic & Histochemistry, 78(5), 237-242, 2003.
33) Kazuo Morita, Yukiharu Ogawa, Chi N. Thai, Fumihiko Tanaka and Etsuji Ishiguro, Spectral analysis of reflected soft X-ray for detecting foreign materials in foods, Food Science and Technology Research, 9(3), 231-236, 2003.
34) Kazuo Morita, Yukiharu Ogawa, Chi N. Thai and Fumihiko Tanaka, Soft X-ray image analysis for detection of foreign materials in foods, Food Science and Technology Research, 9(2), 137-141, 2003.
35) Yukiharu Ogawa, Heinrich Kuensting, Hidenobu Nakao and Junichi Sugiyama, Three-dimensional lipid distribution of a brown rice kernel, Journal of Food Science, 67(7), 2596-2599, 2002.
36) Yukiharu Ogawa, Heinrich Kuensting, Junichi Sugiyama, Toshio Ohtani, XinQi Liu, Mitsunori Kokubo, Ken-ichi Kudoh and Toshiro Higuchi, Structure of a rice grain represented by a new three-dimensional visualization technique, Journal of Cereal Science, 36(1), 1-7, 2002.
37) Heinrich Kuensting, Yukiharu Ogawa and Junichi Sugiyama, Structural details in soybeans: A new three-dimensional visualization method, Journal of Food Science, 67(2), 721-724, 2002
38) Junichi Sugiyama and Yukiharu Ogawa, Quality evaluation of agricultural produce by mechanical and optical techniques, Oyo Buturi, 70(8), 989-994, 2001.
39) Junichi Sugiyama and Yukiharu Ogawa, Three-dimensional visualization of sugar contents of melons, Journal of the Japanese Society for Food Science and Technology, 48(4), 263-267, 2001.
40) XinQi Liu, Toshio Ohtani, Mitsutoshi Nakajima, QingYi Xu, Yukiharu Ogawa and Yoh Sano, Aggregates and gel network structure of globin hydrolyzates, Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 49(5), 2518-2522, 2001.
41) Yukiharu Ogawa, Junichi Sugiyama, Heinrich Kuensting, Toshio Ohtani, Shoji Hagiwara, XinQi Liu, Mitsunori Kokubo, Akio Yamamoto, Ken-ichi Kudoh and Toshiro Higuchi, Advanced technique for three-dimensional visualization of compound distributions in a rice kernel, Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 49(2), 736-740, 2001.
42) Yukiharu Ogawa, Junichi Sugiyama, Heinrich. Kuensting, Toshio Ohtani, Shoji Hagiwara, Mitsunori Kokubo, Ken-ichi. Kudoh and Toshiro. Higuchi, Development of visualization technique for three-dimensional distribution of protein and starch in a brown rice grain using sequential stained sections, Food Science and Technology Research, 6(3), 176-178, 2000.
43) Yukiharu Ogawa, Kazuo Morita, Shun-ichirou Tanaka, Masakazu Setoguchi and Chi N. Thai, Application of X-ray CT for detection of physical foreign materials in foods, Transactions of the ASAE, 41(1), 157-162, 1998.
44) Kazuo Morita, Yukiharu Ogawa,Toshizou Fujii and Motoaki Hattori, Detection of foreign material in beverage container for recycle use by soft X-ray image analysis, Journal of the Japanese Society for Food Science and Technology, 45(4), 232-237, 1998.
45) Yukiharu Ogawa, Kazuo Morita, Shun-ichirou Tanaka and Chi N. Thai, X-ray spectral analysis with CdTe sensor for detection of foreign materials in food, Journal of the Japanese Society for Food Science and Technology, 45(1), 21-27, 1998.