Food and Resource Economics Course
Resource and Environmental Economics
Michiko Takagaki Prof. Ph.D.
Born in Tokyo and grown up in Chiba. Studied in Chiba (Faculty of Horticulture, Chiba University) and Kyoto (Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University). Studied in Faculty of Agriculture and Faculty of Forestry, Kasetsart University, Thailand, while in the PhD course.
In 1988, employed as Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Horticulture, Chiba University, assigned to the University Farm, and has engaged in education and research since then. Lecturer in 1997 and Associate Professor in 2006. In charge of foreign student affairs since 1997 and of international affairs in general since 2006. Concurrent assignment as a Deputy Director of the Center for Environment, Health and Fields Sciences since 2007. Engaging with research and experiments in Agronomy of Tropical Agriculture with major fields in Thailand, Indonesia and other Southeast Asian countries.
- Key words
- Ipomoea aquatica FORSK., Agricultural technology, Tropical monsoon Asia, Horticulture, Environmental load of Agricultural activity, Environmental stress.
- M. Takagaki, Y. Murata, N. Sakurai, H. Enomoto, Y. Udagawa, Effective Storage Conditions for Root and Shoot Growth Enhancement of Ficus carica L. Cuttings, In ”Transplant Production in the 21st Century” (Kubota C., C. Chun eds. pp290), , Kluwer Academic Publishers, Netheland, 183-188. 2000.
- A.F.M.S. Islam, C. Kubota, M. Takagaki, T. Kozai, Sweetpotato growth and yield from plug transplants of different volumes, planted intact or without roots, Crop Sci., 42(3):822-826. 2002.
- T. Maruo, S. Akimoto, N. Wada, M. Ito, M. Takagaki, Y. Shinohara, New Leaf Vegetable Production System Using Automatic Reaping Harvester and Rail System, ACTA Horticulture, 620:63-70. 2003.
- M. Takagaki, S. Aumuka, T. Maruo, S. Sukprakan, Y. Shinohara, Application of reaping method for harvesting leafy vegetables grown in capillary hydroponic system, ACTA Horticulture, 620:71-76. 2003.
- M. Takagaki, T. Maruo, Y. Shinohara, Development of vegetable production system by purification of euthrophic Tega-lake water, ACTA Horticulture, 644:85-90. 2004.
- T. Maruo, M. Takagaki, Y. Shinohara, Critical nutrient concentrations for absorption of some vegetables, ACTA Horticulture, 644:493-499. 2004.
- H. Zarza, T. Maruo, M. Takagaki, M. Hohjo, Y. Shinohara, Lettuce Production Using a Commercial Scaled Recirculated Capillary Hydroponic System, Jpn. J. Tropic. Agric., 49(1):45-52. 2005.
- C. Chanseetis, Y. Shinohara, T. Maruo, M. Takagaki, M. Hohjo, Development of fertigation system for tomato bag culture based on cumulative solar radiation and vapor pressure deficit values, Environ. Control in Biol., 43(2):97-103. 2005.
- A.F.M. Saiful Islam, Chieri Kubota, Michiko Takagaki, Toyoki Kozai. Effects of ages of plug transplants and planting depths on the growth and yield of sweetpotato, Scientia Hort. 108 : 121-126. 2006.
- A. Suphachai, M. Takagaki, C. Sagwansupyakorn, S. Sutevee and K. Inubushi, Effect of Nitrogen Fertilizer Amount on Early Growth of Leafy Vegetable in Thailand, Jpn. J. Tropic. Agric. 50(3):127-132. 2006.
- Kirdmanee, C., W. Phaephun, T. Teerakathiti, S. Cha-um, M. Takagaki, An effective in vitro selection of water spinach for NaCl-, KH2PO4- and temperature-stresses, Environ. Control in Biol., 44(4): 265-277. 2006.